Department of Chemistry

Govt. M.A.O College was established in 1933 at Amritsar and shifted to present building in 1947. Chemistry Department was established in the very beginning. Various personalities headed the Department. These include; Prof Dr. M. A. Azeem, Prof. Mian Muhammad Bashir, Prof. Muhammad Naseer Khan, Prof. Hameed Mustafa Butt, Prof. Saeedullah Farooqi, Prof. Maksud-ul-Hasan Bokhari, Prof. Ch. Akhtar Ali , Prof. Shabbir Hussain, Prof. Ch. Ghafoor Ahmed, Prof. Ch. Muhammad Iqbal, Prof. Javed Akhtar Saleem, Prof. Syed Ali Raza Naqvi, Prof. Sarwar Najeeb Alam Janjua and Prof. Dr. Ta hseen Razzaq. At present Prof. Muhammad Akbar is working as Chairperson of the Department. Present faculty is comprised of highly qualified members.

There are well equipped laboratories with necessary chemicals and apparatus. In order to fulfill the need of BS Chemistry, Government is going to provide new instruments very soon.

Faculty of Chemistry Department

Photo Name Qualification Designation Email